Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Day 10 & 11 Praying to Heaven

I wish I could tell you Nick is doing just great, but the last two days have been his most difficult to date.  I'm in the room all day, helping however I can and acting as Nick's voice now, but it seems so inadequate and I can't keep from feeling completely helpless.  I find myself begging in prayer as I watch him struggle because this just isn't right.  It simply isn't acceptable to me as I watch a man of such integrity and strength, suffer in such a way.
The mucositis (ulcers) affecting his mouth and throat are causing terrible pain.  He has stopped talking completely now and barely takes a sip of water.  IV pain meds are helping the pain, but unfortunately these meds also make it difficult to feel alert when he's trying to shower, read, or walk the halls. The mucositis is expected to "get better" by the end of the week.  Friday can't come soon enough.
It's a crucial time right now, as Nick's counts have just about hit rock bottom.  This is Day 11 WBC .30, Hgb 6.9 (so he had another transfusion today), and Platelets 14.  Once they are as low as they can go, we want to see the counts climb back up.  That's how we'll know that the transplant was successful and grafting is taking place. So...

All I can ask is that you join me
In sending a prayer, perhaps take a knee.
For with every voice heard
Every wish - every call,
God will protect us, He won't let us fall.

9 comments:

  1. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Thank you Rene for keeping us informed, and Nick you are loved by so many...I pray the pain subsides asap....joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Peace and more L-O-V-E!
    You got this!!! It's just trying to test you, but you got this!

    The Vintage Post Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lord and Heavenly Saviour, we worship and adore you. Please protect and heal my brother Nick and provide him comfort and strength as he goes through this difficult period. Allow him the peace to rest and regain his strength, help his body grow more white blood cells and heals the sores in his mouth. You have provided him the gift of a loving wife at his side and comfort and strengthen her too so she can support her husband through this difficult time. In your grace we pray and ask for your blessing. Amen.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vojnovic Family, you are in our prayers. Nick is strong and he would overcome this! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rene,

    I can not imagine the emotional pain that you are going trough. Keep strong and thank you a lot for taking your time to inform us all about Nicks condition on daily bases at this extremely difficult time. You are incredible. We are praying for Nicks health and I know that God will keep him strong and safe, he deserves only the best.
    Lots of love for both of you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't imagine what you are going through. May the Lord provide all you need to get through this time. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been texting with him and Nick is doing a little better today. His white blood cell count has been slowly increasing. Still very hard. If you want to know what you can do, please pray for both Nick and Rene for healing, strength and comfort.

    ReplyDelete