Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Man Bag

Tonight will be the last night of chemo.  Nick is very excited about this because he hasn't been able to sleep well.  Tomorrow is his "day of rest" and he certainly needs it.  Other than that, he is doing well.  You may have noticed his "satchel" or as he calls it "man bag" in the photo from yesterday.  Below is a pic of him (with bag) keeping track of his BMT floor laps.  The bag is going to be with him for quite some time, so I thought it was worth explaining.  It holds a unit that administers a drug called "Tacrolimus" which is used (along with other medications) to prevent his body from rejecting the transplant cells.  Although Nick inquired about possible color choices, I think the standard baby blue looks quite fashionable.  Frankly, anything that will help my Knight get through this...works for me!
Our sincere thanks for your continued prayers and well wishes!  Nick and I treasure every note, email and card.  They pick him up and keep him fighting.  Thank you so much!

.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a restful day for you, Nick and Rene! "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man bag looks quite stylish. You have our continued prayers, especially for good rest!
    Chris and Jeanne Lewis

    ReplyDelete